Alpha Tau Medical has initiated its first clinical trials with its Alpha DaRT (Diffusing Alpha–emitters Radiation Therapy) technology for the treatment of Squamous Cell Carcinoma (SCC) in Head, Neck and Skin at the Rabin Medical Center, Petah Tikva outside Tel Aviv.
The company is in the process of starting additional clinical trials in prostate cancer, breast cancer, colorectal cancer, gynecological cancer and pancreatic cancer.
The Alpha DaRT technology enables the possibility of providing a local alpha-radiation treatment based on alpha emitters and has several advantages:
1. Highly Potent and Ultra conformal
2. Effective regardless of tumor oxygen level
3. Short half-life – quick clinical results
4. Negligible gamma radiation, no special shielding equipment is needed
5. Disposable product – not capital equipment is needed
To keep up to date on our progress in the clinical trials, please follow us on LinkedIn, Twitter or subscribe to our newsletter.